Bumper to Bumper Truck Technician
Company: WW Williams
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Bumper to Bumper Truck Technician (Diesel Truck Maintenance)
If you are an experienced diesel truck mechanic and you are looking
for a solid, long-term career with an established company, join the
W.W. Williams team! We are looking for a Diesel Mechanic to
service, maintain and repair trucks. This will involve everything
from daily equipment checks to performing both minor and major
repairs. This is an excellent opportunity for a capable mechanic to
begin a lifetime career with us!
As a Diesel Mechanic, you will provide a full range of maintenance
and repair services on the medium- and heavy-duty diesel trucks at
your location in order to keep the vehicles we service in top form.
Our truck shops perform many service, warranty and maintenance
roles for our clients and provide full-service repairs including
engine overhauls, transmission replacement and limited body work to
routine maintenance from oil changes and brake jobs to replacing
light bulbs and cleaning air filters.
This Mechanics/Technician needs to be comfortable functioning in a
truly "Bumper to Bumper" role.
Your specific duties will include:
* Diagnose engine problems.
* Troubleshoot electrical problems.
* Troubleshoot air system problems.
* Perform preventive maintenance.
* Bumper to bumper repairs.
* Making repairs to diesel trucks, including (but not limited to)
repairing engines, alignments, suspension, hydraulics,
transmissions and electrical systems.
* Diagnosing failures of vehicles and disassembling, repairing and
reassembling parts as necessary.
* Performing routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
* Inspecting brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and
other vital parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
* Filling out and submitting all required documents in an accurate
and timely manner.
* Administrative work in regards to work performed.
As a W.W. Williams Mechanic, you must be self-motivated and able to
effectively maintain vehicles with little to no supervision. You
must also have a sense of ownership of your work and take
initiative in providing preventative maintenance. You must also
have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and display a
Specific qualifications for the position include:
* 2+ years tractor/heavy equipment mechanical experience and the
ability to provide own tools. Experience with medium to heavy duty
diesel trucks (not regular automotive experience); reefer unit
experience, a plus.
* Education/certifications are a plus. Years spent on education
does count towards years of experience
* Understanding of diesel engine function
* General knowledge of EGR/emissions control systems
* General knowledge of foundation, air, and ABS brake systems
* General knowledge of DC electrical systems
* Experience with Freightliners or Detroit Engines a plus
* Experience with chassis' and drivelines a plus
* Experience with hubs and wheel seals a plus
* Experience with air conditioning systems a plus
* Understand the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts
* Excellent work ethic
* Willingness to learn
* High level of professionalism
* Basic computer knowledge with good written communication
* High school diploma OR GED; Technical school degree, a plus
* Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
* Must have own tools.
* Reliable transportation to work
If you are looking for a company to call "home" and a job from
which you can eventually retire, this is the place for you! We will
provide you with on-the-job training, your hard work and
professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive
compensation package that includes benefits.
Competitive wages and benefits. AAP/EPE/M/F/Vets/Disabled,
Keywords: WW Williams, Peoria , Bumper to Bumper Truck Technician, Professions , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!