Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Posted on: May 20, 2020
Purpose of JobUSAA is looking for a cyber threat intelligence
analyst with strong communication, organization and experience in
strategic intelligence research and reporting on threat actors and
activities. We are looking for a strong team player who would
collaborate within our Intelligence and other operational teams to
deliver key strategic information on cyber threats.
Investigates, analyzes, and responds to security anomalies and
events (e.g. suspicious behavior, attacks, and security breaches)
within USAA's environments using a variety of cyber defense tools
to detect and respond to threats. Conducts vulnerability, security
configuration, and/or penetration testing assessments of systems
and networks. Identifies cyber threats, analyzes operational
impacts and communicates to appropriate stakeholders. Stays current
with latest information security threats, exploits, trends, and
- Researches and analyzes the latest information security
vulnerabilities, threats, exploits, trends and intelligence.
- Conducts routine vulnerability management, security
configuration assessments, and/or penetration testing operations
and manages the resulting findings.
- Monitors internal and external networks, systems, and
applications for security anomalies and events (e.g. suspicious
behavior, attacks, and security breaches).--
- Responds to cyber incidents, performing detailed analysis using
complex security tools to determine root cause.
- Must use a broad range of demonstrated experience (e.g.
forensics, networking, servers, coding, etc.) to determine a
malicious actor's tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Uses the discoveries from the incident response process to make
moderately complex improvements to the existing detection
capabilities and security controls.
- Prepares written briefs with recommendations to leadership on
latest threats, alerts, and incidents.
- Work is completed independently. Serves as a resource to team
members on escalated issues of an unusual nature.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and ensures risks associated with business
activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activities.Minimum Education:
- Bachelor's Degree, OR, 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 4 or more years of related experience in Information Security,
Cybersecurity and/or Information Technology to include
accountability for complex tasks and/or projects.
- 2 or more years of related experience in Incident Response,
Information Assurance, Forensics and/or Cyber Intelligence
- Proficient level of business acumen in the areas of business
operations, risk management, industry practices and emerging
trends.*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job
level*When you apply for this position, you will be required to
answer some initial questions.-- This will take approximately 5
minutes.-- Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your
- Experience in strategic cyber threat intelligence role with
strong, demonstrated organization and communication skills
- Experience in proactively conducting strategic research on
cyber threat actors and activities and communicating these findings
to interested parties
- Experience in providing frequent briefings and written analytic
reports on cyber threat actors / activities, as this role will
deliver verbal briefings often
- Experience working directly with Security Information and Event
Management (SIEM) and other information security tools a plus
- Strong knowledge of cyber threat intelligence cycle and
- Fundamental understanding of information security practices and
- Strong team player and collaboration skills
- Passion in filling frequent ad hoc research, written, and
briefing requirementsThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.At USAA our
employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business,
including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment,
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness
and wealth building programs.-- Additionally, our career path
planning and continuing education will assist you with your
professional goals.Relocation assistance is not available for this
position.For Internal Candidates:Must complete 12 months in current
position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have
manager's approval prior to posting.Last day for internal
candidates to apply to the opening is 4/09/20 by 11:59 pm CST
Keywords: USAA, Peoria , Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst, Professions , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!