Auto Dealership Accounting Clerk
Company: LHM Hyundai Peoria
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Join a Winning Team at Larry H. Miller Automotive Group
If you're looking for an opportunity to be appreciated and involved
in your career, your search is complete.We have a great history of
providing excellent career opportunities for individuals who want
to grow within the company.
Follow Larry H. Miller Dealerships onFacebookandLinkedInto learn
more about us and current open positions.
We offer you and your family members a comprehensive benefits
package including medical, vision, prescription drugs, dental, life
and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
- Health Care
- Paid Time off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness Program
Larry H. Miller Dealerships' Job Description
The Accounting Clerk is expected to:
- Provide prompt, first-quality processing of deposits,
collections of monies, and payments to ensure efficient maintenance
and accurate balances.
- Seek ways to improve business operation efficiencies and
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be
Reports to: Controller
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maximize Profit Retention, Financial Reporting, and Personnel
- Assist in achieving or exceeding financial reporting standards
and applicable benchmarks, which results in accurate record-keeping
- Ensure issuing of cash receipts, vendor payments, and purchase
orders to assist in maintaining accurate accounting records and
compliance with Larry H. Miller Dealerships' company
- Assist in office management by making daily entries on
accounting books such as daily deposits, miscellaneous checks, cash
receipts, adjusting journal entries, etc.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts to make sure accounting books
- Review car deals to ensure compliance, submit contracts to the
banks, and follow up on receiving funding, as well as submitting
incentives to the various manufacturers.
- Expedite calls to follow up on past due customer accounts.
- Effectively communicate with F&I Managers, Sales Managers,
Service Managers, and Parts Managers to strengthen processes.
- Ensure all Total Care Auto contracts are processed,
transmitted, and sent to Total Care Auto for completion in a timely
and accurate manner.
- Complete and maintain all Larry H. Miller Dealerships' required
- Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without
- Maintain vendor, employee, and customer confidence and protect
operations by exercising discretion when handling sensitive and
- Maintain the ability to handle job stress and effective
interaction with others in the workplace.
- Perform all other job duties as requested by management.
2. Operate with Integrity.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Maintain composure within the workplace as well as outside the
workplace when interacting or representing the Larry H. Miller
- Set an example of a positive attitude and professionalism,
including a neat, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Work performed in a dealership setting due to the necessity to
work in person with employees, customers, and vendors.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, stoop,
kneel, crouch, use hands and fingers and move about
- Required vision includes close vision, distance, peripheral,
and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 5lbs.
- Maintain regular attendance and timeliness as set forth within
the work schedule designated by the department
- In general, this position is assigned regular business hours;
however, it is typical during the end of the month to work more
than 40 hours per week.
1. Education, Experience, and Certification(s)/Training.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 1+ years of customer service and/or accounting experience.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy
- Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new
information for both current and future problem-solving and
- Learning Strategies- Selecting and using training/instructional
methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning
or teaching new things.
- Communication- Basic ability to read and write, effectively
convey information to others, apply active listening by taking the
time to understand the points being made by employees and
customers, be aware of others' reactions, and understand why they
react as they do.
- Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others' reactions and
understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or
approaches to problems.
- Information Ordering- The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Knowledge of Larry H. Miller Dealerships' current company
management systems is desirable.
- Interacting with Computers- Using computers and computer
systems. Knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Clerical- Administrative and clerical procedures and systems
such as word processing, file and record management, and other
office procedures and terminology.
- English Language- Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language, including the meaning and spelling of words,
rules of composition, and grammar. Ability to understand written
sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Customer and Personal Service- Knowledge of principles and
processes for providing customer and personal services.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are
saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
Adaptability- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment,
manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent
change, delays, or unexpected events.
Selective Attention- Concentrate on a task over a period of time
without being distracted.
Making Decisions and Solving Problems- Analyzing information and
evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve
Interpersonal Skills- Maintains confidentiality, remains open to
others' ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
Leadership- Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and
direction while setting an example of ethical practices for all
Compliance- Understanding of and adherence to all Company
standards, state and federal laws and regulations, and product
pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies, or business
Customer Service- Providing excellent customer service through the
defined Larry H. Miller processes, which promote efficiencies,
fairness, and cost-effectiveness.
Ethics/Integrity- Representing the Larry H. Miller Dealerships by
conducting yourself in a professional and courteous manner that
demonstrates integrity and avoids actual or perceived conflicts of
interest while complying with company standards and business
Oral Communication- Clearly identifying and professionally
expressing issues in positive or negative situations.
Planning/Organizing- Prioritizing and planning work activities and
using time effectively.
Quality- Demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness and monitoring
your work to ensure quality.
Dependability- Consistent, punctual attendance at work; following
instructions; responding to management direction, and soliciting
feedback to improve performance.
Time Management- The ability to integrate time management methods
to provide a consistent and effective workflow that is cohesive for
the department and team.
Safety and Security- Observing safety and security procedures and
using equipment and materials properly.
Company management reserves the right to add to, change or retract
portions of this job description. Employee is required to adhere to
the qualifications, duties, and conditions of any revised job
Keywords: LHM Hyundai Peoria, Peoria , Auto Dealership Accounting Clerk, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!