Mid Level Retirement Income Specialist
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Purpose of Job Ensures the financial security of our membership
by assessing member current retirement income needs, providing
advice, and making the appropriate recommendations based on member
needs. Job Requirements Let s do something that really matters. We
have an important mission: serving the members of the military
community and their families. It s both a chance to say thank you
and the opportunity to put your talents to work in a meaningful
way. To do it right, we need the right people. We re looking for
those who share our values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. Because what we do is just as important as how we do it.
Come be a part of what makes us so special! It is all about
learning and growing.Our Retirement Income Specialist role may be a
new career for you, but the journey is mapped out. There s a lot to
learn. Our comprehensive, fully paid training program including
class discussions, hands-on training, e-learning modules, and the
instructor led guidance will help you to support our membership
with their questions about annuities and retirement income
planning.Our in-office program provides the training you need and
the encouragement to create a proactive and independent support
style to assist our members with choosing the best products for
their needs.We are currently seeking dedicated professionals for
future retirement income opportunities in 2022 with the desire to
work a full time schedule. Work schedules times will vary.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Receives request for advice from current and prospective
members through various channels, including inbound and outbound
- Asks questions to discover key information and retirement
events and understands the role of annuities in a retirement income
plans, as well as executive and retirement benefits for federal and
- Documents relevant information as it relates to building a
retirement income portfolio.
- Uncovers and recognizes retirement events, understands and
assesses the member's needs, financial situation, and goals and
evaluates the factors to consider when determining an appropriate
- Develops and communicates appropriate retirement income
strategies based on individual member needs.
- Provides advanced retirement planning advice, tax-efficient
distribution options, health expense budgets, insurance solutions,
estate planning and enhanced solutions like long term care
- Recommends relevant financial product and services and refers
for solutions that they are not trained and/or licensed to
recommend or fulfill.
- Motivates member to take action on recommendation(s) and
overcomes objections using advanced sales techniques and persuasion
skills. Implements recommendation(s).
- Familiar with the latest retirement strategy research and
monitors legislative initiatives that may impact economy, society,
and personal financial situation.
- Educates membership on implications of economic, industry
trends, tax law changes, estate issues, retirement risks, and other
threats to an effective retirement income plan, as well as USAA's
financial products and services.
- Integrate risk management tools, products, and strategies to
create an effective retirement income plan.
- Expected to conduct outbound calls to follow up on products and
services previously discussed and to actively engage in outbound
call campaigns. Serves as a resource to less experienced team
members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
- Guides and influences less experienced team members.Work
- During training, your schedule is 8:30am - 5:00pm (subject to
- After successful training, availability to work an 8 hour shift
anytime during our operating hours Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to
8:00pm CST Minimum Requirements
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma
- Required maintenance of Life/Health license.
- Required maintenance of FINRA Series 7 license.
- Required maintenance of FINRA Series 66 (or 63 and 65)
- 4 years of relevant financial services experience.Preferred
- 3+ years of Direct Annuity Sales Experience
- Experience Working in an Inbound/Outbound Call Center
- Retirement Income Certified Professional Designation (RICP)
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $54,800 -
$98,700 (this does not include geographical differential, it may be
applied based on your work location) Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential : Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift
premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details. To see
details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Peoria , Mid Level Retirement Income Specialist, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!