Centralized Supervisor Lead - Life Company
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a dedicated Centralized
Supervisor Lead for the Life Company. This position is open to the
San Antonio, Colorado Springs, Phoenix, Plano or Tampa Campuses
working a Hybrid scheduleResponsible for matters related to
regulatory and compliance supervisory activities. Acts as a
delegate for First Line of Defense (FLoD) member contact
Managers/Leaders within the USAA Life Insurance Company and
supervises product (life, health, and annuities) recommendation for
our members to determine compliance with regulatory rules and
internal business requirements. Acts in a leadership role within
the Centralized Supervision Team and impacts supervision results as
a delegate of Registered Principals within Life.Job
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Leads tactical and strategic planning efforts and assists with
Business Process Management (BPM) efforts including engaging
internal business partners (Legal, Compliance, BCM) to create a
stronger more efficient supervisory system.
- Maintains deep institutional knowledge in various areas
including, but not limited to, business advice model, Product
Management, and Operations. May be the Life/Health/Annuity
supervisory SME/POC assigned to field questions from various
matrixed stakeholders such as Experience Owners, Compliance, Legal,
front-line leaders, Product Management, etc.
- Acts in a leadership role within the Centralized Supervision
Team and as a delegate for First Line of Defense (FLoD) member
contact Managers/ Leaders within the USAA Life Insurance
- Serves as a subject matter expert and applies a holistic
understanding of regulatory compliance to influence business
strategies and solutions.
- Provides expert knowledge to solve complex issues across
multiple systems, functions, and processes.
- Provides guidance to team members and front-line leaders on
related matters by exhibiting a high level of engagement within
Business Risk and Control Management and Life business
- Conducts suitability reviews of insurance products including
life, health, and annuities recommendations and transactions within
agreed-upon SLOs and with a high degree of efficiency and
- Identifies risk and compliance trends and concerns via various
methods including individual supervisory activities and analyzing
business and team data and provides to leadership and affected
internal partners such as business segments, Compliance, Legal,
Risk Management, Operations and Product Management. Submits
pre-issues when appropriate.
- Engages internal business partners (Legal, Compliance, BCM) to
gain clarity on rules and regulation, severity of issues, and
- Maintains a strong working relationship with business segment
management and other internal partners and can effectively work
towards process improvements and issue resolution while
simultaneously providing healthy challenge and exercising
- Advises Senior Management on the status of the control
environment related to risk identification and control
- Identifies critical areas to monitor and escalates issues and
findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Leads team members and integral partners on regulatory related
- Creates complex and strategic action plans to contribute to the
creation of a strong control environment to mitigate risk.
- Participates and leads Business Process Management (BPM) work
including but not limited, RCSA, PRCI, and the creation of Controls
and Tests associated with underling processes.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of related experience (in addition
to the minimum years of experience required Total of 12 years) may
be substituted in lieu of degree.Minimum Experience:
- 8 years of experience in a risk management or compliance
function within the Financial Services industry.
- Experience as a FINRA registered representative or life
- Life/Health licensing (Group1) required based on the specific
discipline being performed.
- Technical expertise in regulatory rules in the areas of
supervision conducted by CST to include areas such as
Broker-Dealer, Life, Health Solutions, Investment Advisory,
- Extensive product, process, and regulatory knowledge.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (NAIC, State, and/or
- Current or previous work experience with Life, Health, or
Retirement Income Teams with strong product knowledge
- Current or prior Direct Management experience coaching MSRs
(Member Service Representatives) in financial industry
- Intermediate experience with metric stream issue documentation
and control documentation and execution
- FINRA Series 7 and 9/10 (or 24 preferred)
- Strong knowledge of using and building excel reporting and
utilization of tableau reporting to identify
trendsCompensation:USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $97,200 - $175,000.Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical
Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay
provided to eligible employees working in locations where market
pay levels are above the national average.Shift premium will be
addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are
consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:At USAA our
employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical,
financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details.USAA Total
RewardsRelocation assistance is NOT available for this
Keywords: USAA, Peoria , Centralized Supervisor Lead - Life Company, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!