Revenue Cycle Specialist
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 11, 2021
This position oversees the collection activity for an assigned
segment of the Accounts Receivable and performs collection duties
in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Performs account follow-up on outstanding insurance balances
and takes the necessary action for account resolution in accordance
with established federal and state regulations.
- Contacts all assigned accounts in the work queue daily and
provide sound collection follow-up on outstanding insurance
- Batches, compiles, submits appeals and monitor accounts for
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable
days at the established goal.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with
employers, other healthcare providers, insurers, and
patients/families to secure accurate and pertinent information to
- Communicate with internal and external customers by telephone
and mail to verify charge accuracy and/or correct account
- Monitors and tracks contractual, billing, registration, and
posting errors and provides continuous feedback to the department
- Verifies applicable contract by reviewing EOB messages,
reviewing patient ID card, and verifying member information for
managed care plans.
- Uses good interpersonal skills to promote positive, effective
interaction with customers and to promote quality service to ensure
flow of information to appropriate staff and professionals.
- Provides detailed documentation on the collection system to
explain the action taken or promise made. Obtains current
information on all accounts and records information as
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Revenue Cycle Specialist, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!