Clinical Nurse (RN)
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 9, 2021
This position coordinates the patient care services, workflow, and
activities provided by nursing and support staff of assigned
program. This position provides guidance, support, and direction to
staff to ensure consistent provision of developmentally appropriate
quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal,
regulatory, and professional standards and requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Acts as a communication liaison between patient, family, and
interdisciplinary team by providing teaching and support to
recognize limitations and strengths within the patient/family
- Attend rounds with team.
- Consistent patient educator.
- Assists with identification of staff and community learning
needs from a group and individual perspective. Provides staff and
community education on new skills, equipment, policies, protocols,
- Point of contact for families during hospitalization - someone
to feel comfortable asking questions, reaching out etc.
- Familiarize family with hospital, inpatient, outpatient clinic
- Provide binder with all CCBD information, contact numbers,
frequent questions, what to do if? scenarios.
- Identifies and acts upon potential risks, investigates and
documents follow-up on significant incidents, and involves
appropriate resource(s) to ensure timely resolution and
implementation of corrective measures in accordance with
professional, regulatory, and governmental agencies and
- Maintains appropriate records to facilitate accurate data
collection and prepares required grant reports.
- Manages the daily operations of a program. Ensures inpatient
team and program effectiveness. Develops, implements, and monitors
plans for ensuring the highest quality of care.
- Work along with case management to assure home health care is
arranged, medication approval, insurance etc ensure discharge home
medications are in hand for day of discharge, education with retail
pharmacy (provide pill box, written sheet with AM and PM
- Coordinates and supervises parents nesting prior to
- Call family 72 hrs after discharge to assure there are no
questions and follow up on any pending issues, questions etc.
- Bedside handover with the outpatient nurse program coordinator
(solid tumor, blood malignancies, brain tumor).
- Assure Social Worker, School Intervention have follow - up
scheduled with families.
- Provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within
professional domain to ensure delivery of quality and
developmentally appropriate patient care.
- Able to review hematology and oncology treatment road maps and
anticipate patient needs.
- Seeks to improve patient satisfaction.
- Ensures care across the continuum, inpatient and outpatient
- Regularly reviews research-based literature to improve clinical
care for specific clinical populations as well as compliance with
- Serves as a clinical role model, patient advocate, and resource
to staff, patients, and families. Shares knowledge and skills of
specialty area to assist problem solve collaboratively. Maintains
skill and knowledge proficiency and competency within specialty
- Works collaboratively with unit leadership to provide guidance
and direction to staff by taking an active role in planning,
decision-making, and communication to health care team of issues
affecting the interdisciplinary team and integration of patient
- Manages patient calendar: one for scheduled multidisciplinary
appointments and readmits and one for treatment/chemo course and
clinic appointments to be provided to the family prior to discharge
from initial diagnosis admission.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Clinical Nurse (RN), Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!