Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Posting Note: This Medical Assistant position will
work on the main campus and will be trained for both front and
back-office job duties. You will work with general pediatric
complex care and the special needs population. Ages will vary from
0 to 24 years of age. You may provide telemedicine as well as
support providers with in-person visits. This is a fast-paced and
high-volume work environment and it is a great learning
opportunity. Location: 1919 East Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016
Schedule: M-F 7:30 - 5:30 (within these business work hours - 40
hours/week) Requirements: You will need your Medical Assistant
diploma and your certification from the RMA (AMT) or CMA (AAMA)
organization OR 5 years of work experience as a Medical Assistant
with some pediatric experience preferred and a Medical Assistant
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Certified Medical Assistant, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!