Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Posting Note: This Medical Assistant position
works in our fast-paced ENT department. This position will cover
both Administrative MA duties 2-3 days each week, and then Clinical
MA duties the remaining portion of the week. Responsibilities
include inbound phones, FMLA paperwork/School Notes, in-depth chart
preparation, orders follow-up, patient intakes, fast and efficient
rooming and discharge, and any other administrative duties for your
assigned Physician(s). ENT Medical assistants assist with in-office
procedures including diagnostic laryngoscopy, nasal endoscopy, and
other minor procedures. Interested applicants must be willing to
travel to our Main Campus in Phoenix as well as our East Valley
offices. Schedule: Monday- Friday, 7:30-5 pm Requirements: Medical
Assistant Diploma and an RMA or CMA certification (no substitutes
are accepted for these certifications), and a minimum of 3 years'
MA experience. If you have 5 years of MA work experience, the
certification requirement will be waived. ENT experience is a plus
but not required. Locations: • Rosenberg Medical Plaza, 1920 East
Cambridge Avenue Suite 201 Phoenix, AZ 85006 Mesa Odyssey Park -
2045 S.Vineyard, Ste 137, Mesa AZ and the Mercy Gilbert, 3370 Mercy
Rd, Ste 108, Gilbert, AZ 85297
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Certified Medical Assistant, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!