Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Posting Note: The ACES program works with families
in achieving therapeutic goals. They provide interventions with the
patient/family that include a range of care from bio-psychosocial
assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, therapeutic
interventions, crisis interventions, coordination of care,
bereavement support, and transition/discharge planning. As a
Medical Assistant working for this department, you will provide
back-office support to our clinical licensed social workers, room
patients, contact patients via phone and/or research issues to
ensure that the family has the best services available for their
child/family. This is a new program and growing. We are now seeing
patients on our main campus in Phoenix, Mercy Gilbert, and Mesa. As
of now, the schedule is 3 days in Phoenix and 2 days on either
Gilbert or Mesa. Location: 1919 East Thomas Avenue, Phoenix AZ,
3370 South Mercy Road Ste 125 Gilbert AZ, and 5131 East Southern
Avenue, Mesa 85206 Schedule: M-F 8:00 -5:00 Requirements: Medical
Assistant Diploma, and an RMA/CMA certification, OR an MA Diploma
and 5 or more years of MA work experience instead of the
certification; previous experience working in a pediatric complex
care environment providing Medical Assistant support to providers
preferred. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have
strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational,
administrative, clinical and multi-tasking skills are a must.
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Certified Medical Assistant, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!