Child Life Supervisor
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: October 3, 2021
Posting Note: PCH offers a full benefits package
which includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, tuition
assistance, 401K with company match, flexible spending/health
savings accounts. Relocation assistance is also offered, if
The Supervisor of Child Life provides clinical leadership of
patient care services, education and direct supervision of Child
Life Specialists and Child Life Assistants to ensure consistent
provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Direct supervision and clinical mentor to assigned direct
- Role models, mentors and promotes professional growth in
accordance with ACLP Standards of Clinical Practice
- Maintains schedules and coordinates coverage based on
- Assures Kronos accuracy in collaboration with Child Life
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of charting, and
provides chart audits
- Completes performance evaluations and initiates disciplinary
process with support from Child Life Manager
- Provides opportunities for cross training
- Collaborates with PFCC clinical education specialist to provide
student, department, and hospital wide education and training in
accordance with ACLP Clinical Standards of Internships and
- Builds on strengths and opportunities for each unit team,
creating and supporting an environment that fosters teamwork,
cooperation, respect, and diversity.
- Clinical responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and evaluates individual patient goals,
based upon assessment findings.
- Provides teaching and psychological preparation for potentially
stressful experiences with infants, children, adolescents, and
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary rounds and
evaluations as a member of the treatment team.
- Documents patient assessments, interventions, and outcomes in
the medical record.
- Provides a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment for
infants, children, adolescents, and families.
- Escorts and facilitates social/ positive interactions between
patients and special visitors, guests, or entertainers.
- Represents and communicates family centered philosophy on
departmental and hospital-wide committees.
- Assists department manager in administrative duties
- Participates in the hiring process
- Compiles and maintains monthly productivity statistics for
- Coordinates with PFCC clinical education specialist for
onboarding and training of new departmental staff.
- Assists in developing and sustaining recognition and retention
programs for the department
- Assumes leadership responsibilities in the absence of the Child
- Professional responsibilities
- Participates in continuing education and leadership trainings
while remaining abreast of advances in Child Life and programs for
- Provides departmental and interdisciplinary in-service
education on growth and development, Child Life, and the impact of
illness, injury, and healthcare on patients and their
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Child Life Supervisor, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!