Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Posting Note: As an MA, you will have to be
self-directed, comfortable working with a high patient volume and
be nimble to change and meet urgent requests at a moment's notice.
You will work with a fun and energetic team at the Phoenix location
while working more independently at the Gilbert location. Schedule:
Monday - Friday 7:30 - 5:00 Location: 1919 East Thomas Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016 and 3370 Mercy Road, Gilbert AZ Requirements:
This position requires a Medical Assistant Diplomaalong with a
certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants
(CMA) or American Medical Technologists (RMA) OR 5 years of work
experience and a Medical Assistant Diploma. Previous pediatric
experience with at least 2 years of work experience as a Medical
Assistant is preferred.
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Certified Medical Assistant, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!