Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Posting Note: As a Medical Assistant-PRN, either a
recent graduate or experienced, you perform either front or
back-office job duties supporting those departments that will need
you to work for 3-5 days. This is a great opportunity for you to
utilize your Medical Assistant school experience and learn the many
facets of working in various departments. The Floater Pool
department provides supports throughout the Hospital Clinics in the
Metro area. Your flexibility will be required to drive at the
location where you may be needed. We have 10 openings! Location:
Primarily 1919 E. Thomas Road; also Avondale, Mesa, Glendale,
Scottsdale, Gilbert Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. -4:30
p.m. (Also some shifts start at 6:00; Sunday shifts available but
not required) Requirements: Medical Assistant Diploma with a strong
desire to get certified with the RMA or CMA (AAMA) certification
within 12 months; available to work a minimum of 3 and max of 5
full days/week. Motivated willing to learn and serve our children.
This position is available for you to work 950 hours/year-an an
average of 35 hours/week.
This position works under the direction of a licensed health care
professional and performs various clinical and administrative tasks
for the assigned area.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As directed by a physician, performs or assists with procedures
such as electrocardiogram, pulmonary function, suture and staple
removal, dressing changes, and others.
- Collects laboratory specimens (including blood specimens),
performs point of care testing, and disposes of bio-hazardous
- Demonstrates infection control standards related to hand
washing and standard precautions.
- Prepares and administers medications, communicates telephone
prescriptions to pharmacies, and processes medication refills as
directed by a physician.
- Prepares and instructs patients about examinations, diagnostic
tests, medications, special diets, and health maintenance.
- Records and communicates patient related information, including
vital signs, growth parameters, medical histories, signs, and
symptoms, to the physician or licensed health care provider.
- Removes sutures and changes dressings.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Certified Medical Assistant, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!