Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Posting Note: This is an full time position in our
Outpatient Cardiac Surgery unit. Incumbent will be responsible for
working with patients and doctors to discuss patient
care/education, medication, review lab results with doctor and help
patient with any questions about treatment plan. This is a M - F,
40 hours/week position. NO HOLIDAYS/WEEKENDS or CALL!!! Incumbent
must have cardiac inpatient hospital exp. NO NEW GRADS, please.
This position will work in collaboration with the healthcare team,
patient and family to promote patient health through delivery of
professional nursing care appropriate to patients age and condition
as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in
accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice
standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent
with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social,
developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level
of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines.
Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies
variations from diagnoses.
- Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and
discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts
and shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare
team and families to ensure timely communication and understanding
of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required activities
within established parameters to ensure compliance with all
applicable medication, storage and documentation standards,
regulations, and requirements.
- Provides orientation to the unit, hospital systems, and
processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with
unit's policies and requirements.
- Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and
delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and
competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to
ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures,
therapeutic environment, and team members' performance level,
maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members
to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of
activities and ongoing communication of patient health status.
Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!