Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The Training Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of
functional training for Hospital and Professional Patient Access
and/or Scheduling Services, including registration in all settings,
verification and authorization of insurances, and financial
clearance and counseling functions. Additionally, this position
develops and deploys training based on feedback from Patient Access
leadership, changes in payer or regulatory requirements, and/or as
a result of reports or audits that show opportunities for improved
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides training to new associates in all Patient Access
functions, such as registration, scheduling, insurance eligibility,
insurance authorization, medical necessity screening, and
- Provides annual and periodic updates to training to ensure that
staff maintain a consistent level of knowledge.
- Performs regular quality assurance reviews of all patient
access functions using the results to develop one on one and
departmental training updates as necessary. Communicates all QA
findings to director and applicable manager and supervisor on a
- Maintains comprehensive departmental training information to
include, training documentation, training classes and attendance
and competency tests.
- Keeps up-to-date on knowledge of governmental and payer
regulations, hospital and clinic policies and procedures and system
functionality. Develops targeted training when process changes
- Participates in hospital educational programs to maintain and
enhance skills and competency levels related to Patient Access
- Participates in department staff meetings; sends regular
communication/newsletters to staff with updates and/or refresher
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Training Coordinator, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!