Supervisor, Coding Hospital-Based
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2021
This position supervises the daily activities of the hospital based
coding staff and oversees the daily workflow to ensure that PCH
maintains the highest quality for accurate and compliant coding.
This position will oversee and assist with all of the internal and
external coding reviews conducted throughout the year. This
position will report directly to the Coding and Compliance Manager.
This position will ensure that all coding staff are following the
established coding guidelines and are compliant with regulatory
standards. Collaborates with management to provide relevant
education and ideas to develop comprehensive policies and
procedures, compliance training, and reduce bill edits. Oversees
that the coding staff are using all coding tools provided in
addition to the successful usage of computerized assisted coding.
Works closely with the Clinical Documentation Integrity staff by
assisting with questions and recommended coding changes. Assists
the Coding manager by evaluating, collecting data and recommending
changes for documentation improvement for codable conditions.
Assists the hospital in providing accurate data for State reporting
and other key external programs.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Daily monitors and updates Coding Manager on status of the
fatal edit report. Closely monitors the fatal edit prelag report so
bills are dropped in a timely manner and without any edits or
coding delays. Troubleshoots and establishes goals with the Coding
Manager for a positive and consistent cash flow.
- Ensures that staff are meeting both quality and quantity
- Establishes departmental work schedule to ensure proper
coverage based on volumes and work types. Plans ahead for PTO and
holidays. Approval of overtime discreetly. Supervises daily
operational activities that directly involve coding, abstracting,
and assignment of E&M levels. Monitors quality and quantity of
staffs performance. Must have a full understanding of revenue cycle
and compliance regulations. Oversees the facility-wide coding and
abstracting process to ensure that we are capturing all the correct
data for PHIS and State reporting. Participates in continuing
education activities to enhance knowledge and skills, and to
maintain current credentials.
- Maintains and updates HIM policies and guidelines regarding
coding and abstracting, and internal quality reviews, to reflect
current practices and ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules
and regulations. Researches complex coding issues to determine
accurate code assignment. Communicates with Coding Staff regarding
current policies and procedures.
- Works closely the Revenue Cycle Team to ensure all Bill Edits
and DRG denials are being reviewed in a timely manner. Will assist
Coding Manager with all Coding Denials with staff.
- Works closely with IT to ensure all coding updates are tested
and installed within time frames
- Departmental standards
- Promotes the department by dressing and communicating
- Promotes positive internal and external customer relations
through prompt and courteous service.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills and attention to
detail by responding timely to emails and projects.
- Participates in a variety of department, unit and hospital
educational programs to maintain current skill and competency
- Attends required meetings.
- Works independently and in a team environment.
- Open to change and considerable variety in work activities;
effortlessly adjusting to new or changing situations and unexpected
events; altering one`s approach to tasks and project with minimal
loss of efficiency.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Supervisor, Coding Hospital-Based, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!