Manager IR/Cath Lab
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Posting Note: PCH is looking for an experienced
clinical manager who will be responsible for Cath Lab and IR. The
ideal candidate will have experience in either IR, Cath Lab or a
high intensity procedural environment. OR experience will be a huge
plus. Must have a minimum of 3+ years of leadership/manager
experience, preferably in a hospital setting. Must be able to
manage multiple priorities simultaneously; work closely with
leadership teams to identify opportunities for improvement within
the unit, and to work across organizational lines to optimize
productivity and provide outstanding care. Position does require
BSN, MSN or MBA; Sign ON Bonus for qualified candidate
The Manager, Clinical Service promotes family-centered care by
subscribing to and supporting Phoenix Children's mission and
values. This position manages, evaluates and supervises operational
functions and activities of an assigned area by guiding and
supporting staff. The Manager, Clinical Service also serves as a
liaison with other departments to plan, implement, communicate,
evaluate and coordinate patient care operations across the
enterprise, while also facilitating quick resolution of issues to
ensure excellence in a family centered care environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Clinical Leadership
- Maintains 24/7 accountability for patient care operations.
Works with unit leadership and House Supervisors to support unit
needs and access to leadership representation 24 hours, 7 days a
- Responsible for collaborating with colleagues to develop and
implement the patient care philosophy, standards of practice,
department goals, policies and procedures.
- As needed, provides developmentally appropriate clinical care
within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality integrated
developmentally appropriate patient care; participates as
appropriate in emergent situations.
- Assesses necessary nursing and technical personnel are
available to meet fluctuating census, acuity and budgetary goals.
Implements innovative and effective recruitment, retention and
onboarding strategies in collaboration with HR and other
departments/disciplines to meet unit needs as well as to foster
growth and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures continual delivery of high quality nursing care.
- Assures compliance of The Joint Commission and CMS standards as
well as other regulatory agencies.
- Enforces adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse
practice act requirements and to other governing agency
regulations; measures health outcomes against standards; makes or
- Assumes bed-manager responsibility in collaboration with House
Supervisor as scheduled.
- Remains current and works towards best practice in nursing
management, clinical knowledge and PCH policies and procedures.
Incorporates nursing expertise by serving as a resource related to
clinical aspects of areas of responsibility.
- Human Resource Management
- Manages all aspects of personnel administration for unit(s) of
responsibility including by not limited to recruitment,
interviewing, selection of professional, technical or supervisory
- Implement strategies to foster staff's high engagement,
maintain low staff turnover, and support high level of staff
- Assists staff with goal setting; implements continual
- Evaluates staffing patterns/needs; match staff competency with
- Effectively manages grievances in collaboration with
appropriate leadership and Human Resources, monitors staff for
fitness for duty, performance improvement and initiates corrective
action as appropriate.
- Identifies key performance indicators; establishes data
collection methodology; evaluates performance data; responds to
outcome measurement findings; complies with documentation
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Supervisors to identify
staff performance issues/needs, provides feedback and support to
address staff issues requiring immediate intervention, and
identifies educational needs to ensure maintenance of established
performance, competency, and quality standards.
- Monitors/reviews MIDAS safety reports and collaborates with
Clinical Supervisors for trends; develops and implements strategies
to address drifts in practice.
- Assesses customer and patient satisfaction; develop strategies
to address satisfaction issues.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely
feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools
to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest
level of professional growth and desired performance
- 11. Collaborates with unit-based Clinical Education Specialist
for orientation and ongoing professional development of all
- 12. Participates both proactively and retroactively in
assessing and reviews quality of care by utilizing modalities such
as rounding, data collection through dashboards, etc. and
participating in event reviews, as appropriate.
- Financial Management
- Recognizes the impact of reimbursement on revenue. Monitors to
ensure accuracy of room accommodation and procedural charges.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for
fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal
utilization of all resources.
- Works in collaboration with other leaders and departments to
develop, secure approval for, and monitor revenue, expenses and
capital budget for areas of responsibility.
- Reviews financial data monthly and recommends/implements
strategies to ensure compliance with approved budgets.
- Conducts ongoing evaluation of productivity.
- Strategic Management
- Establishes and oversees unit-based goals in conjunction with
division and organizational goals/priorities.
- Supports the growth of Phoenix Children's; participates in the
development and implementation of programs, as applicable.
- Oversees all aspects of care delivery, both direct and
indirect, for areas of responsibility.
- Facilitates, attends and participates, as appropriate, in
medical staff, hospital and patient care area committees.
- Facilitates a structure of shared governance; support a just
- Supports unit based and system wide research and quality
- Influences the practice of nursing through
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Manager IR/Cath Lab, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!