Sr Philanthropy Officer - Research Institute
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Posting Note: The Senior Philanthropy Officer,
Research Institute, works as part of the Phoenix Children's
Hospital Foundation Team, and serves as a liaison to the Office of
Research at Phoenix Children's Hospital. The SPO's primary focus
will be mapping Phoenix Children's Hospital research strengths to
external federal and foundation opportunities. This includes
assisting the Senior Vice President of Research, PCH physicians,
and clinical teams in the preparation and submission of complex
grant proposals to federal and private foundation sponsors.
Reporting to the Vice President, Individual Giving, this individual
will work closely with Executive Leadership, the Senior Vice
President of Research, and Physician Leadership for Phoenix
Children's Centers of Excellence, on defining strategy to increase
our success in obtaining external sponsorship.
Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, the Sr Philanthropy
Officer is a seasoned major gifts fundraiser responsible for
securing individual gifts with an emphasis on $100,000 and above.
Success is achieved by building long term donor partnerships and
demonstrating that all levels of philanthropic support are
leveraged to realize maximum impact for Phoenix Children's mission.
The ideal candidate is energetic and enthusiastic, metrics-driven,
and is comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Manages a portfolio of 125-150 prospects.
- Develops and implements thoughtful, strategic cultivation,
solicitation, and stewardship plans for prospective donors for
gifts of $25,000 with an emphasis on $100,000 or more.
- Ensures regular contact with donors through various activities
and communications, especially face to face meetings.
- Identifies and develops joint major giving opportunities in
collaboration with colleagues and team members across the
- Develops and manages timelines for various fundraising
activities to ensure plans and critical fundraising processes are
carried out in a timely manner.
- Develops expertise in hospital Centers of Excellence and
service lines. Serves as foundation liaison in assisting
physicians, program directors and administration with capital and
programmatic funding needs.
- Manages a philanthropic advisory board for one of the Centers
- Supports the Director, Individual Giving on fundraising
activities and follow-up.
- Meets annual activity and financial performance metrics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Sr Philanthropy Officer - Research Institute, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!