Pediatric Occupational Therapist
Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: September 9, 2021
This position provides occupational therapy services to a pediatric
population, neonate to adolescent, including evaluation and
treatment in independent living, sensory-motor integration,
cognitive and psychosocial skill.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Evaluates and treats patients with occupational performance
disorders/delays, demonstrating knowledge of normal development and
skills necessary to provide age appropriate services in areas of
self-care and play skills involving motor, sensory-integrative,
cognitive, and psychosocial functions. Provides care as outlined in
standards of care section of the Policies & Procedures Manual. Uses
pediatric based behavior management strategies and matches
diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of
children. Establishes appropriate treatment plans with age
appropriate goals and target timeframes, which are discussed with
family and mutually agreed upon.
- Builds and maintains rapport within the department, hospital,
and community, professionally interacting with physicians,
families, and hospital/community personnel. This includes
preparation and participation in in-service training programs on
regular basis. Supervises and directs rehab technician and/or
students, providing input into their performance evaluations.
- Organizes, develops, implements, and coordinates occupational
performance of patient care with other disciplines within the
Hospital and resources within the community, including discharge
planning via charting, letters, care conferences, and rounds. This
includes patient/family teaching for appropriate function within
the home and implementation of home program.
- Maintains appropriate documentation, in compliance with Joint
Commission and CARF standards, including participation in Total
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Pediatric Occupational Therapist, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!