Company: Phoenix Children's Hospital
Posted on: July 18, 2021
This position, under the direct supervision of a Registered
Pharmacist, assists in the procurement, storage, preparation,
distribution, and delivery of medications and information and other
pharmaceutical products to Phoenix Children's patients in a timely
and accurate fashion and in accordance with established regulations
and procedures. This position receives direct supervision from a
Registered Pharmacist and reports directly to the Operations
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child
first and values the family as an important member of the care
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share
our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care
today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for
providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in accurately preparing and selecting medications in
accordance with regulations and department policy and defers to
Pharmacist when appropriate. Prepares and labels pharmacy orders
and verifies accuracy under the supervision of a registered
Pharmacist prior to dispensing in accordance with scope of practice
and department procedure.
- Assists Pharmacy Buyer to stock and maintain inventory levels
of medications and supplies; restocks pharmacy areas daily and
orders supplies for departmental use from Materials Management
and/or designated vendors as requested.
- Completes and documents various Q/A checklists including, but
not limited to, refrigerator temperature logs, hood cleaning logs,
and expired medication checklists. Performs assigned activities, as
assigned, that provide for the ongoing maintenance of the
department's environment of care and waste control in accordance
with established standards, procedures and regulatory
- Enters patient billing information to patient charge record to
ensure accurate and timely revenue capture and credits medications
to patient profiles as required.
- Actively performs as the first line for customer service
support for the Pharmacy by answering telephones and provides
direct service to the Pharmacy pick-up window for hospital, nursing
and medical staff and external customers. Triages calls timely to
the Pharmacist as appropriate and exhibits PCH Values of excellence
in clinical care, service and communications at all times.
Proactively solves customer service issues independently where
- Participates in a variety of departmental in-service programs,
meetings and conferences to maintain ongoing awareness of current
practices, methods and techniques and completes assignments to
serve as a trainer for new staff as requested.
- Performs IV aseptic and sterile compounding per department and
USP 797 Standards and non-sterile product compounding, to include
cytotoxic and non-cytotoxic chemotherapy and total parenteral
nutrition (TPN) products, according to regulations and department
policies. Accurately completes corresponding records keeping and QA
documentation. Completes the annual aseptic technique
certification, in a timely manner as required, by skills validation
with a qualified observer and other annual competencies by skills
lab and/or examination as required.
- Pre-packages unit dose items under the supervision of a
Pharmacist to ensure ongoing maintenance of ample medication
supplies, checks for and investigates missing medication doses, and
removes expired medications from stock, patient delivery locations
and automated dispensing cabinets and carousels.
- Processes pharmacy requisitions for nursing units, clinics, and
other hospital departments to ensure timely and ongoing
availability of supplies. Delivers medication fill for automated
dispensing cabinets and individual patient doses as ordered and
directed by the Pharmacist in a timely and prescribed manner.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Phoenix Children's Hospital, Peoria , Pharmacy Technician, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!