Help Desk Analyst I
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Position Title: Help Desk Analyst I
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Director of Information Management & Technology
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: Provides first level support for technical
assistance, support and resolution for computer hardware, software
and system problems
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responds to e-mails and calls to assess problems and suggest
possible solutions for resolution; tests alternative resolutions;
troubleshoots and resolves routine problems with network and
workstation hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Documents procedures for new solutions to technical
- Logs and documents all contacts, service calls and actions
taken; escalates issues and problems unable to resolve to next
level of support.
- Provides passwords and account information by utilizing
in-house utility programs provided by IMT staff programmers.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of support policies and
methods of support delivery.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county, and city
statutes, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service and electronic
support methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles of Helpdesk and network support
- Knowledge of principles of office and clerical methods and
techniques in a technical environment.
- Knowledge of the principles of file, records, and database
- Skill in researching technical manuals for resolution of
routine to moderate network and workstation computer problems.
- Skill in assessing, analyzing, and recommending solutions to
Helpdesk services provided to resolve automation and network user
- Skill in troubleshooting, identifying, and resolving technical
problems in a multiple platform environment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND one (1)
year of technical automation, network troubleshooting, and
resolution or closely related experience; OR any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance
- May be required to sit for extended periods with vision to
monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
- Demonstrate proficiency and familiarization with Microsoft
Office Suite, Windows NT, and Windows Operating Systems.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and
materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Help Desk Analyst I, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!