Financial Institutions Director/Manager
Company: Clifton Larson Allen
Posted on: June 8, 2021
At CLA we create inspired careers.
We recognize that not everyone wants to grow their career in the
same way. That's why CLA exists to create opportunities. We promise
to know you and help you.
This is why we've created our Director and Manager career paths!
These positions share the same level of seniority, but they allow
YOU to choose which path is right for you.
Director - If you love servicing existing client relationships
and want to grow your career without the pressure of having to
bring new client relationships into the firm, then this is the
opportunity for you!
Manager - This is a great path for those who have a passion for
servicing clients, want to build a book of business, and want to
advance into a principal role. If you love being an industry
professional, thrive when identifying business opportunities for
clients, and desire to be a principal, then this is the opportunity
We're hiring a Financial Institutions Director/Manager for our
Des Moines or Cedar Rapids office ( will consider remote within
surrounding states) to supervise and perform significant audit and
consulting engagements for our clients, build lasting
relationships, and assure continued close personal attention to
- Assume full responsibility for planning, supervising, and
controlling all phases of the firm's regular services for those
clients delegated by principals.
- Delegate or assume in-charge responsibility; project and plan
the timing of the workload to promote the most efficient operation
of the staff.
- Lead the decision-making process for assigned
engagements/clients; keep the engagement principal fully informed
of major decisions, engagement progress, the client's situation,
and potential problems.
- Develop a responsible and trained staff through assistance in
recruiting, planning assignments, resolving problems, providing
direct consultation to staff, evaluating staff performance, and
acting as an instructor or discussion leader in professional
- Delegate or supervise preparation of the engagement letter for
approval by the engagement principal, discuss the nature and terms
of the assignment with the client, estimate fees, and ensure client
signs and returns the engagement letter prior to the start of the
- Evaluate internal controls and audit programs prepared by
staff, revise as necessary, and present to the engagement principal
- Follow the engagement progress through monitoring time budgets
and deadlines for adherence; communicate important developments to
the engagement principal along with facts, conclusions and
recommendations; provide ongoing attention to client management;
and prepare final client meetings.
- Engage with teams throughout our national Financial Institution
practice on specialized consulting engagements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or related
- 4+ years of public accounting experience with emphasis in
financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, directors'
examinations or related consulting engagements such as internal
audit, SOX, and credit quality reviews
- Prior experience servicing clients in the Financial
Institutions sector preferred
- Current CPA licensure required.
- Ability to travel to client sites that may also require
- Advanced technical knowledge of audit, accounting, and tax
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to show strong leadership and mentoring
- Dynamic interpersonal manner with the capacity to develop and
train staff through supervised practice
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand
services and develop new business.
Shortly after you apply you will receive an invitation with
additional information. CLA has partnered with Pymetrics to allow
you to showcase your potential and help us get to know you a little
better. The Pymetrics games take 20-30 minutes to complete and
there are no right or wrong answers - so we hope you have fun!
Following completion of the Pymetrics games, CLA will view the
Pymetrics results alongside other information as part of the
application review process.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients,
and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/
Keywords: Clifton Larson Allen, Peoria , Financial Institutions Director/Manager, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!