Food Service-Student Worker
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
PPosition Title:Student Worker Food Service Assistant
Department: Food and Nutrition
Supervisor: Kitchen Manager
Term of Employment: Varies
Salary Classification: $12.00 per hour
Job Summary: Provides and performs a variety of tasks in the
preparation and serving of food, clean up and operation of a school
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Primarily works serving meals during lunch periods.
- Performs a variety of food preparation tasks. Cuts, chops,
measures and prepares foods, food products and related items.
Carries food trays to serving line. Monitors serving line for
replacement of food trays. Retrieves refills and returns food trays
to serving line.
- Cleans and breaks down tables after lunch. May remove trash
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen, kitchen utensils, work stations,
tables and other food service cafeteria areas.
- Cleans and mops kitchen and multipurpose room floors.
- Assists in putting away food deliveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city
statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principals of customer service
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying
relevant Federal, state, county and city statues, rules,
regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must Be 16 years of age. Students must
be currently enrolled in one of our schools.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm,
hazardous chemicals and infectious disease
- Must be able to obtain within one month of employment and
maintain a State of Arizona Food Handler's Permit
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies,
materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 50 pounds
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Food Service-Student Worker, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!