School Nurse - RN
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Position Title: School Nurse
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: Nurses Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The person in this role will be responsible to
create a climate of health and well-being within the school
environment. He/she will also function as a child advocate in areas
of health and safety.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinates the health program within the assigned school.
- Supervises and administers health screenings (hearing, vision,
scoliosis, sickle cell, health assessments) and provides for
- Audits health records for immunization status of all students,
and notifies parents of deficiencies and recommends
- Serves as a health resource person for students, staff, and
- Provides emergency health care for students and staff.
- Maintains health records of all students.
- Contacts parents, or visits homes when necessary.
- Complies with the policies of the school, district, and state
laws relative to the administration of medicine to students.
- Functions as a key member of the team involved in educational
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city
statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Completion of additional coursework or training sessions for
school nursing preferred, including New School Nurse Seminar, if
- A professional commitment to attend workshops and continuing
education activities required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Possession of a current Arizona RN
license, basic CPR certificate, and an Arizona IVP Fingerprint
Clearance Card , 2 years recent experience in a public nursing,
medical, pediatric, or emergency room setting is required. OR, any
equivalent combination of experience and education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona drivers
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and
materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , School Nurse - RN, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!