Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Position Title: Bus Assistant Substitute, (Special
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Term of Employment: Hourly/On Call
Salary Classification: $12.00/hr
Job Summary: Provides services, helps maintain student conduct
and safety while on the bus, and assures the student gets on and
off the bus in orderly fashion.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain safe student conduct while on the bus, and assure that
students get on and off the bus in an orderly fashion.
- To assist young and/or disabled students in entering and
exiting the bus, including lifting and safely securing
- Keep written records of student violations and other records as
required by Peoria Unified School District guidelines.
- Collect any personal items left on the bus by students and turn
them into the school offices.
- Devote attention to students and their needs.
- Be responsible for securing wheelchairs, such as tie-downs and
seat belts and other supportive equipment used in transporting
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county, and city
statutes, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of special methods and procedures for working with
special needs students, to include handling equipment required in
transporting students; example: walkers, braces, wheelchairs,
oxygen equipment, etc.
- Physically able to lift and move students (up to 50
- Skill in working with children.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED, preferred
and/or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education
from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background
- Must maintain CPR/1st Aid Certification and be willing to use
in an emergency.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds and pass the Physical
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Bus Assistant-Substitute, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!