Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Position Title: LIFEGUARD
Supervisor: School Administrator
Term of Employment: Seasonal - Fall/Spring
Salarly: $12.15 per hr.
Job Summary: To obtain employment as a lifeguard, one has to be
an excellent swimmer along with possessing certification in
lifesaving particularly the Red Cross Advanced Lifesaving
Certificate. Specific training in cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(CPR) is also one of the prerequisites for this position.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain continuous surveillance of people in swimming
- Ensure appropriate headcount of people involved in a
- Call out warnings to people who are in imminent danger
- Provide safety information to people prior to them indulging in
a water sport
- Supervise swimmers to ensure that they are swimming within the
- Spot hazards or potential hazards and take measures to prevent
accidents or injuries
- Control and report unruly behavior
- Perform rescues in the event of drowning or swimming
- Perform first aid and CPR according to the demands of adverse
- Check safety of rescue tubes and buoys and perform needed
- Ensure that all pool equipment is stored safely and that any
lost items are kept in a safe place
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency
- Skill in the application of lifeguarding surveillance and
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation as
stipulated by the department.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: 6 months to 1 year experience directly
related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a
recognized source of training.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid
Arizona driver's license
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Lifeguard, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!