Library Paraprofessional **2021/2022 SY
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 4, 2021
Position Title: Library Paraprofessional
Term of Employment: 9 month
Job Summary: The Library Paraprofessional is responsible for
maintaining the daily operational needs of the school library. In
addition, the Library Paraprofessional will support students
through instruction of library curriculum and managing student
activities while students are in the Library.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Operates and supervises the library to which assigned.
- Teaches district-developed lessons to scheduled classes.
- Manages the library information system.
- Supervises the check-out and check-in system, and works to
safeguard library materials.
- Assists teachers and students in the selection of books and
- Orders library materials to supplement the instructional
program with the assistance of the Library Facilitator.
- Makes library materials available to supplement the
- Informs teachers and other staff members concerning new
materials that the library acquires.
- Provides instruction on the use of the library resources.
- Set up of tech equipment
- Promotes appropriate conduct of students using the library
facilities, including computer usage.
- Removes obsolete and damaged materials from the
- May assume responsibility of the storage, check-out, inventory
and arrangements for care, maintenance of equipment.
- Attends all required training, as designated by the
- Other Duties as Assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city
statutes, rules, policies and procedures
Knowledge of applicable grants management
Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND the
equivalent of two years of college or a passing score on a
state-approved competency examination. In addition, experience
working in a library setting preferred.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid
Arizona driver's license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and
materials weighing up to 21 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, lift, twist, kneel and climb
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Library Paraprofessional **2021/2022 SY, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!