Preschool Instructional Assistant
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Position Title: Preschool Instructional Assistant
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: The person assists the classroom teacher with
teaching experiences and under the direction of the teacher
provides support in the daily activities. The person must be able
to follow basic instruction and direction in the performance of the
duties including record keeping and preparing learning
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Assist the classroom teacher with instruction and duties.
- Establish a supportive relationship with students and parents
to enhance their educational experiences.
- Prepare learning materials as needed.
- Assist the teacher with record keeping, attendance, and home
- Attend monthly Community School Partnership staff and staff
- Attend monthly Parent Connection meetings in teacher's
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED, OR any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English
- Ability to learn special methods and procedures for working
with young students and their parents.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license, and have a good
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with
students, parents, and co-workers
- Must have Mantoux TB test and Food Handlers card prior to
- Must be able to complete CPR training and certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background clearance
checks as a condition of employment.
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Preschool Instructional Assistant, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!