Special Education - CNA
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Position Title: Special Education - CNA
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: School Principal or Designee
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 13
Job Summary: The CNA will interact directly with students,
assisting with toileting/diapering, and daily living skills. We are
searching for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual
to be a vital link between our students, and staff.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Help students with toileting/diapering, and daily living skills
- Record daily information in the student's record.
- Assist the teachers, and other staff as needed.
- Adhere to professional standards, follow policies and
procedures and abide by federal, state and local requirements.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to handle multiple tasks
safely and effectively.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to communicate
- High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city
statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of medical office protocol.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential medical files,
records and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service practices.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying
relevant Federal, state and PUSD rules, regulations, policies and
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of
software applications and peripherals.
- Skill in assessing, monitoring and providing First Aid,
breathing and emergency treatments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of a state-approved CNA
certification training course, A High School Diploma or GED, AND
two (2) years of medical office, nursing assistant or closely
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid
Arizona driver's license
- Must be able to obtain and maintain First Aide, CPR, and other
certifications specific to assignment within one year of hire.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, hazardous chemicals and
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies and
materials weighing up to 30 pounds.
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Special Education - CNA, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!