K-12 Certified Teacher for Virtual Learning
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Open to Internal and External Employees
Position Title: K-12 Certified Teacher for Virtual Learning
Supervisor: School Administration
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Certified Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: Become a difference maker and bring your creativity
and innovation to the online classroom! Our teachers help students
learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their
development as mature, able, and responsible men and women prepared
to shape tomorrow.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The following responsibilities tie into our strategic plan to
include Student Success, Safety and Wellbeing, Stewardship of
Community Resources, and Community Connection. We believe these
four areas help us remain focused on Peoria Unified's vision: Every
Student, Every Day, Prepared to Shape Tomorrow.
Student Success - Manage and educate students while helping them
discover and fulfill their potential
- Develop and implement creative and engaging lesson plans in a
- Document and share student grades and evaluations
- Progress monitor students and lessons and time in the virtual
Safety and Well-Being - Cultivate a creative learning
environment and maintain a safe, inviting, and nurturing space for
students, staff, and the community
- Set and maintain standards of online classroom behavior and
uphold District discipline policies
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect
students, equipment, materials, and facilities
Community Connection - Enhance Peoria Unified's culture which
encourages and strengthens parent and community partnerships
- Available to students and parents for education-related
purposes outside the regular instructional day when required or
requested under reasonable terms
- Foster positive relationships with students, teachers, parents,
and community members
- Follow the established protocol for parent/student
communication outside of the instructional day
Stewardship of Community Resources - Adheres to effective
policies, practices, and accountability of District resources
- Maintain accurate and complete records required by law,
District policy, and administrative regulation
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence
- Other duties as assigned
Selection Criteria for Full-Time Teachers:
- Appropriately certified for grade levels being taught.
- Ability to instruct and manage multiple grade levels and
content areas throughout the day.
- Proficient or Excelling in all teacher evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to teach in a virtual environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Plan, prepare, and implement instructional activities that
contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in
meaningful learning experiences.
- Design and develop materials and courses for online
- Identify, select, create, and modify instructional resources to
meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning
styles, and special needs.
- Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment
for students by participating in activities which include, but are
not limited to, team teaching, meetings, staff development,
communities of practice, and various committees (e.g., PLC's).
- Experienced in the use and incorporation of instructional
technology tools in their teaching (e.g., Teams, Smartboard,
Moodle, Synergy, Flipgrid).
- Ability to create a flexible and balanced work environment if
working from home as permitted.
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits
such as, meeting deadlines, entering grades in Synergy, honoring
schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and
timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
- Interested instructors must complete the internal HR
application and new online teacher training course.
- This position is not an at-home position. Selected applicants
will be required to report to designated district locations.
The Peoria Unified School District recognizes that academic
excellence is enhanced when students are exposed to a broad range
of ideas, individuals and experiences. We are therefore committed
to celebrating diversity and devoted to an inclusive environment
for all employees. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified
individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race,
color, religion, sex, age, or national origin is prohibited.
Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal
opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
Peoria Unified School District #11
6330 W. Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , K-12 Certified Teacher for Virtual Learning, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!