Elementary Teacher-Special Education 2020-2021 SY (ABLE PROGRAM)
Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Position Title: Certified Teacher, Special Education
Department: Department of Special Education
Supervisor: Principal at assigned location
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The Special Education Teacher will create a
classroom environment that meets the individual needs, interests,
and abilities of students with special education services. Teachers
will provide specially designed instruction per each student's
Individual Education Program (IEP) in order to allow students
access to the general curriculum and build skills that will
contribute to their ongoing development.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited
to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Provides case management services for students with a
disability including all requirements related to IEP development,
provision, and compliance to state and federal regulations.
- Provides direct services to students with a disability per
agreement on the IEP.
- Follows district procedures throughout the entire special
- Maintains all aspect and provision of confidentiality related
to (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) FERPA and (Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) HIPAA.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes per the schedule
established for the site.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
appropriate to the development and skill level of the
- Plans and prepares lessons to provide the students with the
opportunity to meet and/or exceed standards as outlined by state
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with
the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly
established goals and objectives to meet student and districts
goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate and completes records to meet requirements
of federal, state and district regulations/procedures.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students as required by policy
or regulation and to assist student growth through meaningful
- Works with all staff, including general education, to implement
appropriate accommodations and modifications in the general
education classroom to allow for student success.
- Maintains accurate census information in a timely manner per
district and state guidelines.
- Attends all staff meetings as required.
- When assigned an instructional assistant, plans and supervises
the assignments and activities of that person(s)
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city
statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and
departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety teaching methods and techniques to
promote student growth.
- Facilitation of successful meetings to accomplish all IEP
- Knowledge of and provision of (Free and Appropriate Public
education) FAPE to students with a disability as required by
federal, state and district requirements.
- A working knowledge of accommodations and modifications to
appropriately meet student needs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A current special education teaching
certificate with appropriate endorsement(s) at the Arizona
Department of Education.
- Must be Appropriately Certified according to state and federal
standards to fill the specific position.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver's
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and
materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift and/or transfer students weighing up to
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Elementary Teacher-Special Education 2020-2021 SY (ABLE PROGRAM), Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!