Cook 1, Culinary
Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Trilogy at Vistancia: Golf, Kiva & Mita Clubs
Trilogy at Vistancia is comprised of three feature club
experiences, the golf club, the original community centerpiece,
Kiva Club, and the recently introduced Mita Club. The golf course,
the feature restaurant, V's Taproom, the full-service Alvea Spa,
and the events & weddings venue are all available to the
Where: Peoria, 40 minutes west of Scottsdale & Northwest of
downtown Phoenix, Arizona
The Cook 1 is a member of the Food & Beverage Team and is
responsible for food preparation, cooking, and serving. This
position reports to the Kitchen Manager or Executive Chef.
- Work and master one kitchen station; accepts responsibility for
personal decisions and actions.
- Ensure superior standards of service meet the requirements of
guests and employees.
- Proactive in exceeding guest satisfaction.At times it may be
necessary to investigate, quickly respond to, and resolve
challenges from guests or employees.
- Follow cleaning schedule and checklist daily to ensure a clean
and sanitary environment.
- Familiar with food preparation, cooking, and serving
techniques; must be able to read cooking instructions.
- Wash, peel, cut, and shred vegetables and fruits to prepare
them for use.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipe to prepare
soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and
other foods; adjust thermostat controls to regulate temperature of
ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steam kettles.
- Observe and test foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and
noticing the visual appearance.
- Carve meats, portion food on serving plates, add gravies and
sauces, and garnish servings to fill orders.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma, or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of one year cooking experience in commercial
- Current Food Handlers card.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team
- Ability to think, work, solve practical problems, and make
independent decisions, based on sound judgment.
- Must demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility for
decisions and actions.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, and a team player.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous
improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings
This position typically operates in an indoor kitchen
environment, but may also work at a kitchen station set up for
outdoor events and be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Kitchens are housed with equipment, such as an oven, stove,
dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef's
knives. The employee is frequently exposed to heat, steam, fire and
noise. The noise level varies and can be loud. Outdoor environments
may require walking on a variety of terrains while carrying items
and navigating typical event obstacles, including, but not limited
to, groups of people, table set ups and decorations, plants and the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to speak and hear, taste and smell, sit, stand
and walk for the duration of a work shift, bend, kneel or stoop,
use hands to fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and
arms. Frequent hand washing is required. The employee must be able
to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The position
requires manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills, and the
ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures in a
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Peoria , Cook 1, Culinary, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!