Banquet Set Up @ KIVA
Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Trilogy at Vistancia: Kiva & Mita Clubs
Trilogy at Vistancia is comprised of three feature club
experiences, the golf club, the original community centerpiece,
Kiva Club, and the recently introduced Mita Club. The golf course,
the feature restaurant, V's Taproom, the full-service Alvea Spa,
and the events & weddings venue are all available to the
Where: Peoria, 40 minutes west of Scottsdale & Northwest of
downtown Phoenix, Arizona
The Banquet Set Up position is responsible for room set up and
breakdown for events according to the Banquet Event Order (BEO) and
Club standards. This position reports to the Banquet Captain.
- Perform routine banquet set up duties, including guest tables
and chairs, ceremony chairs, reception and buffet tables, and the
- Breakdown the room after the event. Transport items to and from
the storage areas.
- Assist with loading and unloading trucks and moving furniture
- Work closely with the culinary team for set up and removal of
buffet dishes and related equipment.
- Pay attention to the set up details so the room is set up to
provide space for banquet servers and guests to move around safely
and the room looks in order for the guests and banquet staff.
- Move in a timely manner to be able to work on more than one
event in one day.
- Talk with the Banquet Captain and Banquet Set Up Team to learn
and share ways to set up a room that speeds up the process; work
together as a team.
- Be aware of safety requirements and report unsafe situations,
equipment problems, and accidents to the Banquet Captain.
- Respond to the Banquet Captain's requests to count returned
serving items, polish silverware/glassware, etc.
- Report to the Banquet Captain before ending work shift.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a dependable way to communicate with the Banquet
Captain or manager (phone or email).
- Ability to count to pull products and tally accurately.
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team
members and supervisors about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by
maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the
- Must be self-motivated, follow direction, and able to work
independently with little supervision.
- Must demonstrate initiative, with an ability to think, work,
solve practical problems, and make independent decisions based on
- Must have good time management, organizational, and follow-up
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards;
attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness is expected.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous
improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings
This position typically operates in an indoor restaurant
setting, but an employee may also be required to work on a patio or
for an outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions
and occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking
on variable terrain while carrying items and navigating typical
event obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people,
table set ups and decorations, plants and the natural
The physical demands described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the
speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This
position is very active and requires standing and walking for most
of a work shift. The position requires the ability to lift, balance
and carry, push and pull, bend, kneel, twist, and reach. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 20 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds. Frequent
hand washing is required. The employee must be able to navigate
busy work areas.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Peoria , Banquet Set Up @ KIVA, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!