Banquet Server, @ KIVA
Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Trilogy at Vistancia: Kiva & Mita Clubs
Trilogy at Vistancia is comprised of three feature club
experiences, the golf club, the original community centerpiece,
Kiva Club, and the recently introduced Mita Club. The golf course,
the feature restaurant, V's Taproom, the full-service Alvea Spa,
and the events & weddings venue are all available to the
Where: Peoria, 40 minutes west of Scottsdale & Northwest of
downtown Phoenix, Arizona
The Banquet Server serves food and beverages, providing prompt
and courteous service to guests in the banquet room or outdoors on
the facility. This position reports to the Banquet Captain.
- Help set up the banquet room for the event, if requested.
- Greet and serve guests in an energetic and friendly
- Create a welcoming atmosphere and provide excellent hospitality
by having a working knowledge of the resort facility and dining
area, and be able to respond to guest questions about the menu and
speak with enthusiasm about other resort services.
- Know the food items on the menu and be able to share
information with guests.
- Write orders; relay food orders to the kitchen and beverage
orders to the bartender, if appropriate, or check in with guests
after they return from the banquet table to get their own
- Understand the event set up; learn table numbers and
- Serve food and beverages and clear tables, following service
etiquette and facility procedures.
- Carry trays of dirty dishes to the kitchen.
- Serve hors d'oeuvres from trays, if requested, as guests gather
prior to the meal.
- Communicate with guests throughout the dining experience to
assure all guest needs are met and excellent service is
- Work as a team, following direction from the Banquet Captain
and communicating needs for support to the banquet assistant.
- Understand the importance of food safety and sanitation.Notice
and report potential safety or cleanliness issues and customer
concerns to a supervisor.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One to three months' related server experience preferred.
- Must meet the state and federal minimum age requirement for
serving alcohol, if applicable.
- Current Food Handlers Card and TIPS Certification (Training for
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide; must be able to
calculate discounts, and percentages
- Ability to communicate positively and effectively with team
members about job tasks and responsibilities.
- Desire to contribute to a productive work environment by
maintaining a positive attitude with team members and the
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memorandums.
- Ability to speak effectively and present information to another
person and in small group situations with guests and team
- Must be able to pay attention to details and be comfortable
working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings
This position typically operates in an indoor restaurant
setting, but an employee may also be required to work on a patio or
for an outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions
and occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking
on variable terrain while carrying trays, or other items and
navigating typical event obstacles, including, but not limited to,
groups of people, table set ups and decorations, plants and the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to hear, see, speak clearly and understand the
speech of another person, sometimes in a noisy environment. This
position is very active and requires standing and walking for most
of a work shift. The position requires the ability to lift, balance
and carry, bend, reach, and serve from trays weighing up to 20
pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 30 pounds. Frequent
hand washing is required. The employee must be able to navigate
busy work areas.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Peoria , Banquet Server, @ KIVA, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!