Food Beverage Supervisor
Company: J.F. Shea
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Trilogy at Vistancia: Golf Shop & V's Taproom
Trilogy at Vistancia is comprised of three feature club
experiences, the golf club, the original community centerpiece,
Kiva Club, and the recently introduced Mita Club. The golf course,
the feature restaurant, V's Taproom, the full-service Alvea Spa,
and the events & weddings venue are all available to the
Where: Peoria, 40 minutes west of Scottsdale & Northwest of
downtown Phoenix, Arizona
The Supervisor of Food & Beverage (F&B) is responsible and
accountable for coordinating and supervising F&B employees,
assuring peak performance from team members and establishing
excellence for the guest experience. This position reports to the
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager or Restaurant Manager.
- Communicate the core values and mission of BlueStar Resort &
Golf (BSRG) to support the achievement of company goals.
- Ensure a consistent set of superior standards of food service
and quality are meeting or exceeding employee and guest
- Work in partnership with other members of the managerial team
to interview and hire F&B staff.
- Supervise staff in accordance with BSRG policies and
procedures; train and develop team members within the banquet
staff, occasionally performing activities of team members
- Maintain effective communication between all members regarding
F&B operations, safety, and employee concerns. Model motivation
to inspire all team members.
- Recognize and celebrate team member's success and maintain a
sense of humor.
- Attend all F&B functions (i.e. corporate parties, weddings,
- Support budget planning and monitoring of expenses.
- Conduct monthly inventories.
- Train in all areas of Bar Management; trains new
- Act as Bar Manager during events and weddings to ensure that
all Best Beverage Practices are followed.Prepare seasonal drink
specials; oversee Mixology classes.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Must be highly customer oriented and responsive with high need
- Able to work under pressure and balance multiple priorities and
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead,
cooperate, and motivate.
- Must be role model and able to live our BlueStar core
- Honesty and Integrity
- Respect for the Individual
- Competitive Spirit
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- One to three years' related experience and/or training, or
equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- One to three years' experience supervising a team of managers
or another supervisory role required.
- Current Food Handlers Card and TIPS Certification (Training for
- Must meet the state and federal minimum age requirement for
serving alcohol, if applicable.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Knowledge of restaurant database software a plus.
- Knowledgeable about county regulations.
- Ability to understand and implement BSRG dining standards.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret periodicals specific to
the food service industry.
- Ability to understand the standardized recipe format.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or team
- Ability to calculate food costs, menu pricing, discounts,
percentages, inventory, labor standards and volume; must understand
profit and loss statements and be able to present capital
- Must possess basic computational ability as well as budgetary
- Must have planning, problem-solving, decision-making,
delegation, communication, time management, and employee
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills,
with an ability to respond to the needs and requests of staff
members and guests.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards;
attention to detail, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Must demonstrate initiative and make independent decisions,
based on sound judgment.
- Must be able to pay attention to multiple details and be
comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous
improvement is expected.
- This position requires a flexible schedule to include evenings
and weekends, and may require minimal travel.
- Valid driver's license is required.
This position operates in a professional indoor office
environment, as well as other areas throughout the facility,
including the kitchen and outdoors. Standard office equipment, such
as computers, phones, copy and fax machines are regularly used.
Kitchens are housed with equipment, such as an oven, stove,
dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer and chef's
knives. While in the kitchen, the employee may be exposed to heat,
steam, or fire.
An employee may also be required to work on a patio or for an
outdoor event, with exposure to outdoor weather conditions and
occasionally native wildlife. The noise level in the work
environment can be loud. Outdoor environments may require walking
on variable terrain while carrying items and navigating typical
event obstacles, including, but not limited to, groups of people,
table set ups and decorations, plants and the natural
The physical demands described here are representative of those
an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to see, speak, and hear, taste and smell, sit,
stand and walk for long periods of time, bend, kneel, use hands to
fingers, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Frequent
hand washing is required. The employee must be able to occasionally
lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The position requires manual
dexterity and moving in a fast-paced environment.
BLUESTAR RESORT & GOLF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: J.F. Shea, Peoria , Food Beverage Supervisor, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!