Company: Peoria Unified School District
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Title: Guidance Secretary
Supervisor: Site Administrator
Term of Employment: 12 month
Salary Classification: 10
Job Summary: Performs a variety of secretarial, clerical and
related functions associated with the support of the daily
operations of a school guidance office.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the
following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other
characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a
comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by
incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the
- As assigned, leads and/or supervises assigned clerical and
student assistant personnel. Manages the daily secretarial
operations of the Guidance Office. Manages the office and staff
calendars, makes travel arrangements, schedules appointments,
receives and directs telephone calls and visitors, prioritizes
appointments and maintains guidance files and records.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff and visitors. Provides
initial and follow-up information and appointments with students
- Maintains hardcopy, database files and records related to
student schedules, schedule changes, sections and classes. Enters
course requests. Generates a variety of spreadsheets, lists and
- Provides clerical and secretarial functions for the guidance
counseling staff including data entry, preparation of reports and
correspondence. Maintains, processes and tracks requisitions,
purchase orders, expenditures and contracts. Maintains office and
staff supplies and materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city
statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and Peoria
Unified School District (PUSD) policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential file, records and
- Knowledge of the principles of accounting and/or
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying
relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules,
regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and
- Skill in establishing and maintaining confidential and public
information, files, records and databases.
- Skill in scheduling, assigning and distributing information,
maintaining inventory and tracking distribution of supplies,
records and files.
- Skill in preparing guidance and psychological reports, files,
correspondence and contracts.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general
public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2)
years of relevant secretarial, clerical, customer service or
closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies,
materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 35 pounds.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona
Keywords: Peoria Unified School District, Peoria , Guidance Secretary, Other , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!