Manager, Nursing LPN LVN
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Manager, Nursing LPN LVN
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your
best possible self, join us! You'll earn more than a paycheck; you
can find opportunities to grow your career through professional
development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall
health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans
are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits
offered include, but are not limited to:
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Pet Insurance
* Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
* Variety of Associate Discounts
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
Responsible for the day-to-day management of Brookdale's nursing
staff within assigned community(s).
* Participates in developing, maintaining and updating written
policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the
assigned Nursing Unit. Ensures Nursing Department's Procedure
Manuals contain all revisions and updates. Ensures that the staff
assigned has been trained on any revisions or updates.
* Assists Director of Nursing (DON) in developing methods for
coordinating nursing with other resident services to ensure the
continuity of resident care.
* Ensures nursing personnel are in compliance with duties outlined
in his/her job description and state/federal regulations. Assists
the DON in developing current and comprehensive departmental job
descriptions. Ensures that reference materials are current.
* Makes daily rounds to ensure all personnel are performing work
assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards. Report
findings to the DON.
* Reviews nursing notes for completeness; makes sure they are
descriptive of the nursing care being provided and reflect the
resident's response to the care.
* Monitors medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure
medications are being administered as ordered and treatments are
provided as scheduled. Authorizes the use of restraints when
necessary and in accordance with the company's established policies
* Performs administrative duties directed by DON, including
completion of medical forms, reports, charting, etc.
* Participates in surveys and inspections made by authorized
* Participates in the development, implementation, and updating of
the departmental Quality Assurance Program. Participates in the
development, implementation and updating of a comprehensive
Residents' Discharge Plan. Serves as Discharge Planning
* In the absence of the DON, serves and participates in, and
attends various committees as assigned. Assists the DON in
evaluating and implementing recommendations from established
* Assists the DON in determining departmental staffing needs with
recruiting, training, etc.; ensures appropriate staffing levels are
maintained. Assists in developing and implementing departmental
* Participates in the development, planning, conducting and
scheduling of in-service training classes that provide instruction
on nursing protocols, and state/federal regulations; ensures a
* Assists in the development and implementation of a nursing
orientation program for new staff to the department.
* Participates in interviewing and selecting residents for
admission. Informs staff of new admissions, their expected arrival,
room assignment and other related information. Greets new residents
* Provides DON with information relative to nursing needs of the
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school or higher level of education. Minimum of two to
three years progressive supervisory and management experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
State LPN/LVN license
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Effective oral
and written communication skills. Excellent organizational and
problem solving skills; strong management/supervisory skills; high
degree of accuracy in all assignments; ability to work
independently and manage time efficiently; high degree of
initiative and creativity; good judgment; ability to employ
professional ethics, and excellent analytical and clinical
knowledge. Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
* Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
* Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms
* Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
* Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
* Talk or hear
* Exposure to latex
* Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
* Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
* Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
* Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
* Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Peoria , Manager, Nursing LPN LVN, Healthcare , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!