Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Why Mayo Clinic
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation's best
hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more
specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we
believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the
practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it
most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to
solving the most serious and complex medical challenges - one
patient at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional
information please visit . Eligibility may vary.
Neurosurgeons at Mayo Clinic are on the leading edge of treating
neurological conditions using the latest innovations and techniques
in neurosurgery, such as minimally invasive surgery, robotics,
intraoperative MRI, computer-assisted brain surgery, stereotactic
radiosurgery, awake brain surgery, and deep brain stimulation. The
Department of Neurosurgery in Arizona has an exciting opportunity
for an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant (NP
PA) to join their team.
The NP PA works cooperatively with physicians, NPs, PAs, nurses,
and other allied health personnel to deliver care to Neurosurgical
patients in the inpatient, surgical and outpatient settings.
The Acute Care NP or PA performs the following tasks:
- Obtain a patient history
- Perform a physical examination
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment
- Order, conduct and interpret diagnostic tests
- Formulate a diagnostic impression
- Develop and implement a treatment plan
- Monitor the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions
- Prescribe pharmacological agents and treatments and
- Facilitate appropriate consultations and referrals
- Provide counseling and education to meet patient needs
- Serve as a first assist in surgery
This position will also work collaboratively with other Department
NPs, PAs and Residents to provide first call responsibilities for
the 24/7 practice, including weekend coverage, when applicable.
100% of days worked will require the NP PA's presence on the
- Acute care and/or surgical first assist experience is
- Two to five years of clinical experience is preferred.Physician
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the
State of Arizona.Acute Care Nurse Practitioner:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- RNFA is required
- Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State
of Arizona. Must have national certification.*Internal employees
must attach the three most recent performance appraisals to the
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- The PA NP must be flexible and willing to cover call
responsibilities and adjust schedule to meet patient and staff
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to
unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record
License or certification
- ------------Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant license
to practice in the State or Arizona.
- BLS and ACLS are required.
- For Nurse Practitioners, Acute Care certification is required,
and for Physician Assistants, NCCPA certification is required.
- Evidence of application for DEA certificate must be provided
upon hire and obtained within 90 days of hire. Certification should
be maintained thereafter unless waived by department/division.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with
internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
Monday - Friday
Evening and Weekend Call rotation
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant
investments in both the physical and technological future of health
care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in
Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and
Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as
the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million
residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny
"desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst
of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to
live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of
culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and
collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's
desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement
of sports and recreation.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic
is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the
diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any
employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the
LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to
access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Peoria , Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Neurosurgery, Healthcare , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!