Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Radiology
Company: Mayo Clinic
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Why Mayo Clinic
Join the authority in medicine and partner with the nation s best
hospital (U.S. News & World Report 2020-2021), ranked #1 in more
specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, we
believe there is a better path to healing that humanizes the
practice of health care and inspires hope in the people who need it
most. You will be part of an amazing diverse team committed to
solving the most serious and complex medical challenges one patient
at a time.
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of employee benefits. For additional
information please visit . Eligibility may vary.
This position is supporting the Department of Radiology - US
procedures /Interventional Radiology, primarily inpatient and ED
patients on evenings, OP procedures and clinic visits.
The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant has
advanced health assessment and decision-making skills, prepared
through a formal educational program that meets criteria
established by the profession. Physicians Assistants are certified
by examination of an approved certifying body.
This individual works in collaboration with physicians and other
health care professionals to provide health care across the
continuum of care for assigned patients. Provides primary health
care to individuals and families. The provision of care includes,
but is not limited to: obtaining patient history, comprehensive
assessment, ordering, conducting, and interpreting diagnostic
tests, prescribing pharmacological agents and treatments, and
non-pharmacological therapies. Monitors the effectiveness of the
therapeutic interventions. Makes appropriate referrals. Performs
minor procedures as approved by the AZ Regulatory Board of
This individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of
growth and development of the life span. The ability to assess data
reflective of the patient's status and appropriately interpret
information relative to the patient's age-specific needs is
required. The Physician Assistant demonstrates leadership through
involvement on committees and team projects, education, and
research and actively seeks to improve the practice through
performance improvement initiatives. Active in professional
organizations and participates in community activities.
Level II Requirements:
In addition to the above requirements, must meet two to four of the
- Spends at least 50% of days based at the hospital (rounds,
service, or shift work).
- Performs specialized procedure(s).
- Provides evals and consults with indirect supervision at least
50% of days worked.
- Spends at least 10% of days as First Assist in surgery.
- Takes call assignments (Primary and/or ED).
- Provides Weekend/Holiday Service.
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner:
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- Master of Science in Nursing required.
- Must be licensed or eligible to practice as an CNP in the State
of Arizona. Must have national certification.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited university.
- NCCPA certification required.
- Must be licensed/certified or eligible to practice as PA in the
State of Arizona.
Will consider Acute Care NP. Previous hospital experience required.
Previous procedural experience preferred. Previous radiology
- Excellent verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to
unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
- Two to five years of clinical experience preferred.
- Primary care, acute care, and/or surgical experience
- Strong computer skills in an Electronic Medical Record
License or certification
- Must be certified by the National Commission on the
Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Must have Arizona licensure as a Physician Assistant under the
supervision of a Mayo Clinic physician upon hire.
- Maintains prescribing and dispensing privileges in
- Must provide evidence of application for DEA certificate upon
hire, obtain DEA certificate within 90 days of hire, and maintain
certificate thereafter unless waived by department/division.
- Basic Life Support certification is required upon hire and must
be valid for 90 days or greater from start date. Maintains Basic
Life Support (BLS) competency.
- Maintains ACLS and PALS certification as required by specific
department or division.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with
internal equity when job offers are extended.
Hours / Pay period
1.0 FTE - M-F 1pm-930pm
2.0 FTE - A rotation between day (8:30-5) and evening (1-9:30)
Not anticipated at this time
Over the next four years, Mayo Clinic is making significant
investments in both the physical and technological future of health
care, through doubling the size of the Mayo Clinic campus in
Phoenix, inclusive of practice, education, and research activities.
Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona are located in Phoenix and
Scottsdale, in the beautiful Sonoran Desert. The region is known as
the Valley of the Sun, a metropolitan area with more than 4 million
residents in 25 cities and towns.
With Phoenix being the fifth largest city in the nation, this sunny
"desert metropolis" offers the amenities of a big city in the midst
of a strikingly beautiful, rugged, southwest landscape.
Scottsdale frequently earns praise as a highly desirable place to
live. The city's more than 200,000 residents enjoy a vibrant mix of
culinary hot spots, arts and entertainment, professional and
collegiate sports teams, and community resources. The region's
desert climate promotes an outdoor lifestyle with a full complement
of sports and recreation.
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic
is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the
diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any
employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the
LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to
access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Keywords: Mayo Clinic, Peoria , Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant - Radiology, Healthcare , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!