Retail Store Manager
Company: 67th Ave Store
Posted on: September 16, 2023
6750 W Peoria Ave Peoria Arizona, 85345, +1 (602)
6981922Position Description: Drives retail business operations at a
Retail Store location for Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona
(GCNA) in Arizona and Maryland, to help fund the Goodwill mission
of ending unemployment. Responsible for entire store production,
directly leading Assistant Store Manager(s), Production Team, and
Donation Attendants. Key responsibilities include people
leadership, store operations, financial management, inventory
control, donation processing, customer service, and training and
development of Team Members.Essential Duties and
- Develops and executes retail operations plan to achieve daily,
monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals for operating income, revenue,
- Coordinates with Retail District Manager to develop and
implement strategic plans to help drive donations.
- Monitors product levels (floor work, as-is, recycle, trash,
seasonal back stock) daily to achieve bottom line sales budget
- Ensures payroll costs and operating costs are managed to
- Ensures Team Members deliver excellent customer service to
donors and customers.
- Ensures store locations are clean, well-kept, and reflect the
Goodwill brand appropriately.
- Partners with community businesses and organizations to promote
- Serves as a Goodwill ambassador to the community.
- Ensures that all Team Members are well-trained and fulfill
their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures that Donation Attendants demonstrate excellent customer
service in receiving donations and that those donations are sorted
and prepared for processing.
- Ensures that Production Team processes, prices, and displays
product per company standards and to achieve store goals.
- Under direction of the Retail District Manager, partners with
other store locations to allocate donations, Team Members, and
leadership to maximize area performance.
- Ensures that Team Members are operating per company standards
- Must have reliable transportation in order to perform daily
tasks such as dropping off the bank deposit, helping at other
stores, and attending personal training and development
- Transfers to different stores at any given time due to business
- Partners with support areas (Asset Protection, Human Resources,
Safety, Finance, etc.) to further business goals and ensure
compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and
- Builds a high-performing team.
- Responsible for performance management (coaching, discipline,
performance improvement plans, and annual reviews), staffing,
compensation, and development of Team Members.
- Ensures that the Assistant Store Manager effectively manages
performance of Retail Store Associates.
- Plays critical role in driving company culture change efforts
and change management processes.
- Models Goodwill Core Values - Trust, Collaboration, Engagement,
Ownership, and Innovation.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.Minimum
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years' work experience in Retail Management, preferably
- One-year customer service experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid drivers' license and clean MVR
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen, where
applicable for positionYou will be eligible for a comprehensive
Total Rewards package, 1st of the month following 60 days of
employment that includes the following:
- 5 Medical Plans
- Employer Funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- 3 Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- 401K (Immediate participation upon hire)
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off; Sick and Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- These are just a few highlights of our key benefit
offerings!Become a valuable part of our team and work for a company
which has been named a Best Place to work by the Phoenix Business
Journal 4 out of the last 5 years. Work for a company which has
seen double digit growth year after year for nearly a decade. Work
for a company which values diversity and is centered on success.
Goodwill of Central & Northern Arizona - We Put People to
Work!Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona endeavors to make our
website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to
contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need
assistance completing the application process, please contact HR
Support at 602-535-4000, option 5, or
RecruitingOperations@goodwillaz.org.We consider applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, the
presence of a non-job related medical condition or disability, or
any other legally protected status. We will make reasonable
accommodation and modification, including adaptive devices, to
assist any person with a disability to apply for and, if hired, to
perform the duties the position they seek. Assistance could include
help in completing on-line application as well as providing
alternative communication, e.g., Braille and Large Print.PHISHING
SCAM WARNING: Goodwill of Central and Northern Arizona/Goodwill
Industries of Monocacy Valley, Inc. ("GCNA/GIMV") are among several
companies recently made aware of a phishing scam involving con
artists posing as hiring managers recruiting via email, text and
social media. The imposters are creating misleading email accounts,
conducting remote "interviews," and making artificial job offers in
order to collect personal and financial information from
unsuspecting individuals. Please note that GCNA/GIMV only use
company email addresses, which contain "@goodwillaz.org" or
@gimv.org", to communicate with candidates via email. The company
also uses secure tools on our website to receive data from
applicants and would never ask them to submit their personal
banking information to apply for an open job. If you are contacted
by someone about an open job at GCNA/GIMV, please verify the domain
of the sender's email address and that they are asking you to apply
on this website. If you believe you have been a victim of a
phishing scam, please visit the Department of Homeland Security's
Cyber Smart website (https://www.cisa.gov/be-cyber-smart/campaign)
to learn how to report it.
Keywords: 67th Ave Store, Peoria , Retail Store Manager, Executive , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!