Manager, Quality Assurance
Posted on: May 24, 2020
Purpose of Job Manages a team who measure, analyze, and report
on moderately complex quality and compliance evaluations on the
technical skills and the business processes of Bank Operations
Specialized Services internal line(s) of business. Develops
employees through regular coaching and feedback that leads to
improved results. Executes quality process improvements and leads
organizational process changes. Maintains compliance with policies,
procedures, and regulations. Leads and champions efforts on
identifying and managing existing and emerging risks and ensuring
these risks are effectively identified, measured, monitored and
controlled. Job Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the
past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For--, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military
Friendly-- Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran
workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply. USAA
Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds) USAA Careers - World
Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Holds responsibility for recruiting, developing and retaining
high-performing team dedicated to first line of defense quality,
compliance and risk control monitoring and evaluation efforts.
- Manages employee performance and facilitates professional
development and career progression.
- Ensures employees understand how the tasks they perform help
mitigate risk and protect the brand and reputation of USAA.
- Plans, develops, executes and monitors all Quality and
Affiliate evaluation processes and procedures as well as specialty
evaluation requests, ad-hoc studies and projects.
- Manages, supports, and calibrates to delivers evaluation
results and analysis to various stakeholders and internal/external
- Provides recommendations to process and product owners for
improvements based on industry best practices and
- Provides guidance and support related to various review and
evaluation aspects, including but not, limited to assisting with
action plans and follow-up on plan execution.
- Identifies opportunities to automate/streamline quality and
- Creates a collaborative environment that fosters
cross-functional communication, both internal and external to Bank
Operations Specialized Services for collective success towards
attainment of strategic/tactical quality and compliance
- Achieves optimal productivity through managing workload
volumes, staffing, training needs, and identifying and implementing
appropriate quality reviews/evaluations performance standards.
- Reviews evaluations performed, territories, methods of
inspection and Affiliate relationships to ensure quality processes
are relevant and business risks are mitigated.
- Serves as the SME for policies, procedures, practices and
expertise for Bank Operations Specialized Services/Affiliate
Quality and Reinspection Programs.
- Assists with state investigations, internal/external assessment
engagements, trials and pre-trial/trial activities for Bank
Operations Specialized Services Operations Litigation cases.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
(10 total years of experience in lieu of a degree).
- 6 years of progressive related experience in a quality
assurance role within a financial services industry, combined with
customer service, operations, or processing experience in relevant
- 2 years of direct team lead, supervisory or management
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to
deliver presentations and communicate information in a way that is
easily understood by varying audiences.
- Advanced understanding of the quality assurance discipline and
demonstrated application of knowledge, skills and abilities towards
work products and deliverables.*Qualifications may warrant
placement in a different job level*When you apply for this
position, you will be required to answer some initial questions.
This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the
questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and
you will not able to change your responses.Preferred:
- 3+ years risk, quality assurance or banking experience.
- 3+ years' experience in SCRA operations or SCRA quality
- Strong knowledge of bank regulations as they apply to SCRA,
Credit Card and Deposit products.
- Working knowledge of federal regulations AML, KYC, Reg DD, and
- Strong working knowledge of Credit Card and Deposit
- 2+ years people management experience.
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with
Experience Owners, Process Owners, Operations, Legal and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills to all levels of management.The
above description reflects the details considered necessary to
describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.At USAA our employees enjoy one of
the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible
business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education will assist you with your professional goals. USAA also
offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you
manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two
company stores and three fitness centers .Relocation assistance is
not available for this position.For Internal Candidates:Must
complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date
of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to
posting.Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is
5/27/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.
Keywords: USAA, Peoria , Manager, Quality Assurance, Executive , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!