Senior Auditor- Compliance (Hybrid)
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a Senior Auditor-
Compliance in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL,
or Charlotte, NC location.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days
onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's
Executes and leads audit assignments. Identifies problems and
resolutions for risk-based assurance and advisory engagements
across the organization.
Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations. Performs
risk and control identification and evaluation, advanced audit
techniques, research and analysis, and conducts client meetings and
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International
Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
(Standards) and Code of Ethics.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows
what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of
millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular
mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every
- Independently executes audit test work timely and with high
- Executes and may lead as Auditor in Charge (AIC) for audit
engagements throughout the audit life cycle, to include
understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts,
integrating audits with Information Technology (IT), analytics, and
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally,
timely and in accordance with corporate and industry audit
standards, when AIC.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts including work
delegation to audit team members with varying degrees of expertise
and experience when conducting engagements, when AIC.
- Completes audit team end of engagement evaluations, when
- Assists in updating the risk & control matrix for each
engagement with oversight from the Auditor-in-Charge and/or other
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
in the current operating environment; develops recommendations for
- Assists AIC in drafting related issues and audit reports for
review by audit leadership. -
- Participates and provides feedback during team audit activities
on planning and scoping, business understanding/walkthroughs, and
review of risk assessment and testing and demonstrates critical
- Executes on audit documentation techniques including key risks
and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions; is
accountable for completing work paper documentation within quality
- Utilizes analytical skills to conduct or assist team members
with continuous monitoring activities, advisory activities, special
reviews and/or investigations.
- Develops internal and business leader and partner relationships
while also beginning to effectively challenge, communicate and
deliver risk-based, difficult messages regarding issues and control
weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provide coaching and guidance to less experienced team members
to ensure quality and timely completion of audit test work.When you
apply for this position, you will be required to answer some
initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you
begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later
time and you will not be able to change your responses.Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as
Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology. Four
additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may
be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 4 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information
technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or
applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational
and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and
challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to
evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment
undergoing change; ability to deal with competing
- Experience in banking environment, specifically, mortgage,
deposits, credit card, consumer lending, etc.
- Specific consumer compliance regulatory experience is
- Leads control-focused walkthrough meetings with key client
stakeholders while effectively obtaining information to populate
design and operating effectiveness testing workpapers.
- Develops and authors control and substantive test steps,
including specific attribute testing, that demonstrates a
comprehensive and clear understanding of the risk and control
- Independently manages and executes multiple control and
substantive tests while effectively communicating questions,
concerns, and potential issues to Audit managers in a timely manner
to quickly resolve roadblocks and/or confirm issues.
- CIA and/or CRCM interested in pursuing, in progress or obtained
certification preferredThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $72,900 -
$131,400*( this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location)Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of
Directors.*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential
is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in
locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
-Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for
applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. - -Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class
benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional
wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental
and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Peoria , Senior Auditor- Compliance (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!