Development Product Owner - Audit Services
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a Development Product
Owner in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Charlotte, NC, or
Remote work may be available for candidates who do not live in a
location where USAA has a physical office.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative,
and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the
best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and
working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The
actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the
employee 's manager.
If remote: Occasional travel will be required to USAA facility for
training and/or meetings.
Serves as a direct representative of the business on an agile team.
Attains, understands, and communicates business vision and needs in
order to write and refine user stories, prioritize work, and
provide guidance to technical teams. Uses critical thinking,
problem solving, and Agile principles to partner with business
owners, subject matter experts, and the development team to build
effective solutions. Possesses an advanced knowledge and
understanding of and ability to work within multiple delivery
methodologies, including Agile and other approaches, to deliver
business value.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means
to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role. -
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activities. -
- Works with business and Subject Matter Experts to understand
business strategy and vision and then writes, refines, accepts and
prioritizes stories and/or features to support effective and
compliant solutions while balancing investment and business
- Owns and maintains a prioritized work backlog for one or more
Agile teams. -Product backlog includes complete user stories with
acceptance criteria so that they are consumable and testable by the
Agile team or program. -Reviews and accepts output of I/T and/or
business development to ensure specified acceptance criteria have
- Serves as direct representative of the business with one or
more delivery teams, representing the customers' perspective
throughout the product delivery cycle.
- Participates in a cross-functional team of user experience
partners, designers, business analysts, developers, testers and
others to develop, execute and release in alignment with program
and/or product road maps. -
- Partners with sponsors, stakeholders, and IT to facilitate,
define and document relevant business processes, gaining an
advanced understanding of the needs, measures, and risks & controls
for the improvement area.
- Prepares the business for the change and provides tactics and
metrics for benefits, adoption, and risk. Leverages existing change
management routines, as needed.
- Works with different technologies, internal and external to
have oversight of development, testing and controls.
- Applies advanced knowledge in the business
development/execution discipline, regularly seeking out
opportunities to enhance, improve and advance the function.
- Coaches and mentors other Product Owners.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in multiple business or system
domains and capable of leading development across multiple teams at
the project or program level.When you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to
change your responses.Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree. Four additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 years of experience in process improvement, project delivery,
business/requirements analysis or directly related to supported
business operations/product line.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products, applicable
databases and product management tools.
- Advanced knowledge of multiple technical software delivery
methodologies (i.e., Agile, Waterfall, SAFe).
- Advanced experience analyzing business requirements, process
flows and use cases to identify opportunities to streamline
business processes in accordance with risk management framework and
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated use of Process Engineering
- Advanced ability to independently work to gather business
requirements, process flows and use cases to develop and deliver on
business capabilities within the approved methodology, writing user
stories, and following the development process through user story
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and ability to
identify opportunities to drive decisions and streamline business
processes in accordance with risk management framework and
regulatory requirements.Preferred Experience:
- Experience with creating new, modifying existing, and
performing ad-hoc reporting in support of business processes and
data-driven decision making.
- Experience with data querying tools (SAS, SQL)
- Experience with data visualization software (Tableau)
- Prior financial institution and/or internal audit experience a
plusThe above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.Compensation: USAA has an
effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges
to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary
range based on your experience and market position. The salary
range for this position is: $ 97,200 - $175,000* (this does not
include geographical differential, it may be applied based on your
work location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. - Shift premium: Will be addressed on an
individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - - -Benefits: At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Peoria , Development Product Owner - Audit Services, Accounting, Auditing , Peoria, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!